Big Data Engineer
• You will be responsible for designing and implementing automated tools for collecting and transferring data from multiple source systems to distributed file system such as HDFS. Our primary clients are international companies which generated large amount of data. Most of generated data are often processed on a daily basis, we help our customers to shift daily basis data processing to near-real time processing.
• You will be working on design and development of large-scale data processing and analysis projects, consulting the customers of company on how to improve their business performance in the areas as wide as risk management, sales and customer experience management and process optimization.
• You will be responsible for leveraging advanced analytics, data mining, data visualization and the related data preparation and manipulation in leading projects for large international companies including Banking, Telecommunications, Consumer Financing, Automotive and others.
• The job will offer you opportunities to participate in wide variety of international projects in West Europe.
• We are looking for people who share with us the passion that working with data and people is fun and a “mission”, not a “job”.
• Place of work: Remote work
For your work you will need:
• Hands-on experience in data analysis, data profiling and data transformation using SQL, Hive, Spark, Python, Java – real practical knowledge and experience
• Hand on experience with any of distributed computing technologies (HDFS, Hive, Impala, MongoDB, Cassandra, Zookeeper, Apache Spark, Kafka) and/or cloud technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
• Good knowledge of minimum one object-oriented language, functional programming language as advantage
• Data analytical skills, predictive modeling and data visualization experience is an advantage
• Strong familiarity and hands-on experience with Big Data technologies and general-purpose programming language knowledge is a strong advantage
• Analytical thinking, well organized, consulting spirit, willingness to learn
• Flexibility to travel if needed
• Very good English language skills
• German language is a plus
• Must love analytics and data
• Experienced in Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark, Sqooop...)