Our client is a software company delivering precisely engineered software solutions standing on the principles of machine learning, artificial intelligence, physical security and resource optimization. The client provides end to end solutions for startups, established companies and government organizations.
What type of projects would you be working on?
Currently, we are looking for a software engineer with experience in processing big data sets. We do expect at least some knowledge in software engineering using some of the following languages: Python and Java. Also we expect keen interest/knowledge in technologies used for streaming/processing of big data in the cloud.
As part of the project, we will work with a tiny Silicon Valley startup, which is in a very initial phase and needs to get the product to market ASAP. It is an advanced reporting tool that consolidates various data and creates views over it that help managers with efficiency. The developer should be able to work in a very agile environment, speak English fluently and be able to deliver tasks independently.
We are looking for someone with:
● Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent
● Experience with programming in Python
● Experience with programming in Java SE and surrounding ecosystem (Maven
● Intermediate knowledge of Google Cloud Platform a AWS
● Good knowledge of SQL
● Knowledge of BigQuery is an advantage
● Ability to use a variety of open-source tools
● Strong analytical skills
● Experience with being part of a SW development team delivering into production
● Fluent English
● Passion, self-improvement mindset and hardworking attitude
What do we offer:
● A motivated and friendly team full of highly qualified experts
● Opportunity to participate in the growth of young startup - you learn faster than in the corporate environment
● Interesting work on different types of projects for different clients
● Responsibility for your own work
● Great location in the Prague city center (Karlín) with remote setup possible
What do we expect:
● Ability to learn fast - you are not afraid of understanding new libraries and frameworks, reading a journal paper, or peaking into bleeding edge technologies.
● Strong experience with coding - You speak better Java/Scala/Python than your native language or strive to learn these.
● Analytical skills and mathematical reasoning - you like to solve complex technical or scientific problems.
● Willingness to work hard - you will be solving complex problems, often in a unique/novel way. It will be difficult to come up with a solution, it will take time and you might iterate the approach multiple times. We expect that you understand this and you are willing to push your knowledge and to work hard to solve these problems. However, in the end, that's where your motivation and satisfaction comes from.