• Provide expert support to ensure the availability of multiple Microsoft SQL Server database environments.
• Ensure database environments and data are recoverable in the event of hardware or software failure or a disaster.
• Monitor and maintain databases, database environments, track database issues, and provide timely resolution as per the pre defined SLAs.
• Provide root causes analysis for system errors and take action to mitigate future errors.
• Conduct performance analysis and tuning.
• Conduct monthly security patch deployment planning and testing, and resolve issues to ensure all database management systems are available after patching.
• Ensure system and data access is provided to only authorized users.
• Support activities such as creating accounts, granting and removing privileges.
• Define, maintain, and troubleshoot data replication issues.
• Support installation, configuration, maintenance, and support across multiple Database Management Systems.
• Determine database size, growth rate, and space requirements, and establish backup strategy for databases.
• Design, develop, maintain, and execute data migration processes and refresh data according to established schedules
• Document existing database and maintain documentation set with each subsequent change.
• Perform activities related to day-to-day administration and maintenance of database systems.
• on-call support as part of rotating team coverage.
What You'll Be Doing
We are looking for someone who capable of:
• SQL Server DBA experience.
• Experience in Database Security industry.
• Knowledge of programming skills such as in T-SQL, PowerShell, VBScript, etc.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Knowledge of SQL Server native HA (High Availability) and Disaster Recovery (DR) technologies.
• Knowledge of Windows Operating System (OS) and clustering component.
• Experience in database performance tuning and optimization, using native or third party monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Knowledge in ITIL Processes, especially in Change- and Incidentmanagement.
• Hands-on experience performing backups and restores natively or through third party tools.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service, and interpersonal skills.