Our client is a software company delivering precisely engineered software solutions standing on the principles of machine learning, artificial intelligence, physical security and resource optimization. The client provides end to end solutions for startups, established companies and government organizations.
What type of projects would you be working on?
Currently, we are looking for a passionate data scientist with a programming knowledge, especially in Python, and strong data-analytical skills (where the analysis is being done in SQL). The project you would become part of is a close collaboration with a US cybersecurity startup developing an AI-driven network security platform. The platform can ingest up to tens of gigabits per second of mirrored network traffic. It gives instantaneous insights into device behavior and possible threats on a network.
We are looking for someone with:
● Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
● Strong experience with programming in Python
● Strong analytical skills and knowledge of SQL
● Ability to do "mental gymnastics" to solve complex problems in cybersecurity
● Knowledge of statistical machine learning methods
● Experience with being part of a SW development team delivering into production
● Fluent English
● Interest in cyber security and/or computer networking
● Passion, self-improvement mindset and hardworking attitude
Nice to have:
● Experience with programming in Scala
● Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Flink, Samza, Kafka, ...
● Running knowledge of basic UNIX utilities, SSH and Git
What do we offer:
● A motivated and friendly team full of highly qualified experts
● Opportunity to participate in the growth of young startup - you learn faster than in the corporate environment
● Interesting work on different types of projects for different clients
● Responsibility for your own work
● Great location in the Prague city center (Karlín) with remote setup possible
What do we expect:
● Ability to learn fast - you are not afraid of understanding new libraries and frameworks, reading a journal paper, or peaking into bleeding edge technologies.
● Strong experience with coding - You speak better Java/Scala/Python than your native language
● Analytical skills and mathematical reasoning - you can't sleep so you prototype the model over the weekend, deploy it on a server and explain everything to your mom the next day
● Willingness to work hard - you will be solving complex problems, often in a unique/novel way. It will be difficult to come up with a solution, it will take time and you might iterate the approach multiple times. We expect that you understand this and you are willing to push your knowledge and to work hard to solve these problems. However, in the end, that's where your motivation and satisfaction comes from.