About the position
As a Data Engineer, you would be a part of data-centric activities at the enterprise level in the Company. You will be providing support to various members of the Data team with database design, data flow and analysis activities. You will play a key role in the development and deployment of innovative data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing. You will be taking part in data management activities such as analysing complex data elements and systems, data flow, dependencies, and relationships to ensure that they comply with the data governance program.
Salary: up to 300€ / MD
Type of employment: ICO / TPP
Location: Fully Remote
Start Date: ASAP
As a Data Engineer, your responsibilities will be:
- Perform ad-hoc analyses of data stored in the business’ MySQL/MS SQL databases and develop SQL code.
- Understand business requirements, build and tune prototypes encapsulating advanced business logic
- Analyse, prototype and develop customer predictor features on top of data warehouse
- Perform thorough testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations and data verification used in predictive models.
- Strive to ensure proper data governance and quality across the Data department and the business as a whole
- Participate in data management activities such as analyse complex data elements and systems, data flow, dependencies, and relationships in order to contribute to conceptual physical and logical data models.
- Provide support to the entire department for its data-centric needs.
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, advising on new and improved data engineering strategies that will drive departmental performance leading to overall improvement in data governance across the business, promoting informed decision-making, and ultimately improving overall business performance.
- Good understanding of financial services and banking domain to be able to understand business requirements and propose solutions
- Strong understanding of databases and data structures.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to discuss and clarify business requirements
- Fluent English, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in MS SQL server development (T-SQL):
- design, build, and maintain operational and ETL pipelines
- tune queries performance
- experience with CLR Integration is an advantage
- Good self management and ability to meet agreed sprint goals based on prioritization discussed with delivery lead
- Job opportunity in a fast-growing, international fintech company with a lot of new ideas
- Great working environment supporting technological innovation
- Access to Udemy and LinkedIn learning with over 8000 courses
- Possibility to work from home and the office
- 4 sick days a year
- Gym in the office and additional sporting options via MultiSport card
- Healthy snacks and fresh fruits in the office as well as other office entertainment
- Your assigned business laptop available for your free personal use, after the 5th year equipment renewal policy
- Share purchase matching program up to 5% of annual gross salary, currently offered bi-annually with matching 1:1 with a vesting period of 2 years from purchase
- Opportunities for growth, the realization of own ideas and further training
- We support trainings, certifications and development internally and externally with individual approach based on your needs and requests.